The Foundation's aims are:
* To serve a significant (but largely neglected) sub-group within the vision-impaired community.
* To assist those living with CBS to manage their symptoms more effectively.
* To remove the veil of secrecy, misunderstanding and stigma that is associated with the condition.
* To offer emotional support, information provision, case management and practical assistance to those living with CBS (and their significant others).
* To raise public awareness of CBS within the general community.
* To raise the clinical profile of CBS within medical and health care settings as a means to improved service provision.
* That CBS will become more familiar in everyday common language like Macular Degeneration and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
* To advocate for greater recognition of this condition in the health domain and for resources to be allocated accordingly.
* To channel a proportion of donated or raised monies into scientific research to further an understanding of the cause/s, clinical profile, prevention and possible treatment/s of CBS.