The Charles Bonnet Syndrome Foundation (CBSF) offers the following services:
- Telephone support help line 1300 121 123 (Monday to Friday, 12 noon - 5 pm)
- Face to face support group in Melbourne (others may follow in regional parts)
- Information brochures (English, Large Print, 10 other languages)
- Tele-conference support group (Australia wide for isolated or house-bound persons)
- Tele-web services (eg. forum, Skype support service*)
- Initial home visit (no charge in metropolitan Melbourne)
- Case management (metropolitan Melbourne)*
- Presentations/training to academic, clinical & community groups*
- To allocate a proportion of donations/funds to CBS research.
* All services are free except for those with an asterisk.
National Helpline (1300 121 123)
The Charles Bonnet Syndrome Foundation offers a national helpline to anyone affected by the condition including family members or friends. From anywhere in Australia, the telephone support helpline is available Monday to Friday (12 noon - 5pm) Eastern standard time.
Feel free to contact us if your educational facility, health care service or community group would like a CBS presentation or training (metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria).
NB: Presentations outside Victoria will be considered if flight (and accommodation) charges are covered.
We can offer to be the central worker who oversees many aspects affecting the person living with CBS. This can provide continuity of service. The case manager aims to offer an holistic care plan: the person living with CBS is seen as a unique individual with specific needs and aspirations. Case management extends beyond CBS to also address the (ongoing) impact of one's vision loss and quality of life issues. This could include any of the following issues:
- practical aids to better living
- carer needs
- government entitlements
- linkage to relevant options (eg. social, government and community services) that could improve the quality of one's life.
As we are a fledgling organisation with limited resources, CBSF is required to charge for this service ($40 p/hr). However, this rate is more than 50% lower than comparable private case management services. Feel free to call us on 1300 121 123 to learn more.